RE: MGB leather upholstery

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB leather upholstery
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:24:47 -0700
I find this discussion about the leather seats interesting because it has
come up several times in relation to my 66MGB.  I am the second owner of
this car GHN3L/88676.  I purchased it from a retired air force officer who
bought it while stationed in France in 1966.  I have the original French
license plate, the military plates, and the black and yellow California
plate along with some of the original documents (in French).  I know that my
car was never restored.  The interior was completely original (some minor
body work and the original and current color is Tartan Red).  My black seats
are vinyl with red piping.  The first thing I did was to replace the foam in
the driver's seat so, I've seen them inside and out.  According to my
Heritage Certificate the car was LHD, Export, built 4/21/66 and delivered to
a dealer in France.  Perhaps these European delivery cars had options for
leather or vinyl seats but there is nothing on the Heritage Certificate
relating to the seats.  So, I have no doubt that the factory did sell 1966
MGBs with vinyl seats.
Ron Fine