hood installation help

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: hood installation help
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 18:21:29 -0700
Hi folks. Back again with my recent purchase '79 MGB tourer. The hood (top)
needed replacement, so I ordered and received a nice one from LBCarCo.
Problem was that the old 'lift the dot' posts would not fit the new 'lift
the dot' catches. The old posts were too big to fit in the catches. It looks
like they had been 'flattened' somewhat over time. Not too big of a deal,
since I could replace the old posts with new ones. The problem I have run
into is that of the four posts on each side, one of them has no access I can
find to remove the nut on the bottom of the post. This is the second one
back from the door post. I can only figure that I will need to cut an
opening in the inner panel to allow me to get a wrench in to remove the old
post nut.

Is this the only way to replace that post, or am I missing something?

Thanks for you help.

Howard
'57 MGA
'79 MGB