Re: 2 parts

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2 parts
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:38:19 -0700
Having gone through the install  of the heater ('n' times harder than
taking it out) I learnt a few things.

First, go to the Chicago web site and read their dissertation to which, I
am proud to say, I contributed.
Second, make sure your body has the cut for the cable as did the later
model ones (see on Chicago site)
Thirdly, use Dum Dum as a sealer/gasket
Fourthly, adjust the open/shut cable.  You have to do this through the
radio hole and the right side vent (with flapper - which you have to
remove).   Unless you get this set up correctly you will always get stray
hot/cold air.  You will need assistance which can be quite fun as the
'help' has to hold the heater end tight to 'close' while you adjust the
cockpit cable end also to 'close'

I have a few pictures if you want them?

Regards

Barrie Robinson