Re: March Results - oops...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: March Results - oops...
From: Ric Johnson <johnsonr@dwx.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:44:44 -0500
At 10:12 AM 4/5/06, Bert wrote:
>This is like Farsi to me.
>Am I the only one here, I wonder?
>What the heck are you writing about?
>Please explain at least the following:
>
>- ES
>- DSP
>- DFL
>- STS
>- SOTY

My apologies to the list. This was intended to be copied to another address
beginning with "M" that was adjacent to "MGs" in my address book. An
inadvertent slip of the mouse caused it to be copied here. These are indeed
abbreviations for SCCA Solo (autocross) classes and other lingo. This was
meant to go to our Solo Rules Director and newsletter editor as we correct
and compile event results for our web page. Sorry again for the off topic
post but just to satisfy Bert and other's curiosity those terms translate to:

ES - E Stock
DSP - D Street Prepared
DFL - Dead F_______ Last
STS - Street Touring S
SOTY - Soloist Of The Year

If you are interested in learning more about the sport please feel free to
contact me off list.

Just to bring this a bit more on topic I _am_ curious as to how many others
out there compete in Solo or autocross events with your MG's... I've been
autocrossing for 36 years now since starting out with a '62 997cc Morris
Cooper and have been competing in my '71 MGB for over 20 years. (I'll just
skip over the years in between dodging cones in my '73 Opel Manta
Rallye...) <G>

Ric Johnson
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Webmaster www.dmvrscca.org  www.iowabritishcarclub.com
'71 MGB (F Street Prepared), '74 MGB-GT, '75 MGB