Re: Speaking of oil prices... (and getting rather off-topic)

To: david_breneman@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of oil prices... (and getting rather off-topic)
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:36:00 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/2006 3:31:11 PM Mountain Standard Time,
david_breneman@yahoo.com writes:

Remember  the pickup truck fad
in the late 70s?  The minivan fad in the late  80s?  Or
am I dating myself?  :-)  People like me will  probably
continue to own a midsize or small SUV because we need to
tow a  trailer, handle unforseen weather

We bought a minivan in the mid ninetys and both the wife and I loved  it.  It
drove well, got good mileage, was super useful and convenient with  the grand
kids, but when it came to replacing it, we were victims of  the fashion
police and bought an SUV.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Tahoe, and since we have a mountain cabin
where it snows, we do need the 4wd sometimes.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields