Re: new owner questions

To: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@ptd.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new owner questions
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:39:47 +0100
I don't think there is much scope for moving the overriders in relation to
the bumper due to the profile of the bumper, in my experience the nuts that
attach them to the bumpers seize anyway, making removal and refitting a
replacement job.  Maybe it is the bumper that is not right, there are shaped
'cams' at the back to match the profile to the flat bumper irons that may
give some scope for twisting.  They could have had a nudge, but for all four
to be tilted the same (if that is what they are) would be a little unlikely,
sounds more like incorrect assembly.

According to Clausager the jack used up to 1973 was a red King Dick part
number AHH 6538, then blue for one year (BHH 1264), then black from
Metallifacture (BHH 5329) after that.  There are only minor differences in
design between them, but like Richard unless you are sure of the condition
of the sills I would never use it.

PaulH.