LH Overdrive help needed

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LH Overdrive help needed
From: "Ray Wygonik" <RWYGONIK@iup.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:01:34 -0400
I've been off the list for awhile but need your help.

Several years ago I purchased a LH overdrive transmission on ebay from a
garage in England.  I am now just getting around to putting it in the car
but want to be sure that it works before I intall it.
The solenoid works when it is out of the transmission, but when it is
installed I can't tell if it is working or not.  It seems as if I should be
able to hear some type of click or tap sound when power is put to it.

Can anybody offer any advice or anthing else I should check before I install
the transmission?  I did have the transmission in 4th gear and I also
bypassed the gear selector switch and put power directly to the solenoid but
could not hear anything when power was supplied.