Re: Minilite style wheels

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Minilite style wheels
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 11:00:31 +0930
On 27/05/2006, at 12:43 AM, RampantNM@aol.com wrote:

> Any opinions as to moving to 15" wheels from the 14"???

To give you the extreme opinion - I have run around a race track (as
recently as a few weeks ago) on 15" wheels with 205/60 tyres.
Without a panhard rod for the rears they rubbed on the inside of the
wheel wells under very heavy cornering - just "polished" the inside
of the tyres and created a bit of rubber-smell in the car :-)

So, with narrower tyres in my opinion they should be fine.

What do they look like?  Well, the BIG tyres look a little clumsy
from my point of view on my 'B (non-GT) and in the following photo
you can see the movement of the rear axle (this is a very fast right-
hand corner).  My tyre preference is 195*60*14 - but these ones
surely gripped the track.

http://tinyurl.com/mrx38

Eric
'68 MGB MkII