Re: 71 BGT rear wheel cylinders

To: "Daniel Williford" <williford@verizonmail.com>,
Subject: Re: 71 BGT rear wheel cylinders
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:16:03 +0100
Personally I think some movement is OK, it may even allow the cylinder to
align itself correctly with the shoes.  The E-clip is the minimum required
to stop it coming away from the back-plate, which *could* compromise
braking.  As long as the three tangs lock firmly into the groove in the
cylinder you should be OK.  However the E-clips these days at least seem to
be more mild steel than spring steel and can be distorted by clumsy fitting,
let alone removal and refitting.  Once distorted it may be possible for one
or more of the tangs to pop out of the groove in use.

PaulH.