Re: 25D4 vs. 45D4

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 25D4 vs. 45D4
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:00:05 +0100
As I recall the wiping points is a feature of the 45D, as all the ones I
have seen have the pin on the vacuum advance plate that moves the white
plastic slotted piece on the bottom of the points, which moves one of the
contacts up and down relative to the other as the vacuum changes.  This
tends to reduce pitting and spiking.  If I'm correct this would make all 45D
points the same, and none of them interchangeable with 25D points - in
either direction.  North America had electronic ignition and hence no points
from the 1975 model on, and the Parts Catalogue only shows one points set
for 25Ds and one for 45Ds.

PaulH.