Re: MGB A/C

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>,
Subject: Re: MGB A/C
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:26:03 -0400
My VW Golf does not get effected much  by running the A/C.  There is
absolutely no need to switch off to go up even a real steep hill

At 05:03 PM 9/11/2006, Andrew B. Lundgren wrote:
>Andrew B. Lundgren wrote:
> > RampantNM@aol.com wrote:
> >
> >> In a message dated 9/10/2006 12:48:51 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> >> lundgren@byu.net writes:
> >>
> >>     You can probably pick up a modern aftermarket one, but it
> >>     is going to tax your little 1.8 liter.
> >>
> >> I understand the newer compressors do not tax the engine as much as
> >> the older piston types, and most 1.8 liter cars come with factory AC
> >> these days.  I'm afraid it's not an option, but a requirement in my
> >> part of the country.
> >>

> > Everyone around here (Colorado) shuts them off when they go up hill...
> > I have a friend with a Subaru impresa with a 2.5l.  I think the first
> > thing that is gonna wear out on his car is the A/C on/off button!
> >
> > Andrew
> >
>Well,  not everyone, just some of the people with 4 bangers.  Even
>modern ones.
>
>--
>Andrew

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm

PURVEYOR  of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
                         Stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
                         High-tech sound deadening materials
                       .........and Exotic wood gear lever knobs