RE: Brake Trouble! UPDATE!

To: "'Paul Hunt'" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Trouble! UPDATE!
From: "John Roberts" <robe3099@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:29:52 -0500
Paul,
I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can!
First it is a 71 Midget that I am talking about.

<<I can't remember what went before this, in what way don't the brakes stop
the car?  Does the pedal go to the floor?  Is it solid but offers no
retardation?  Or what?>>

The pedal goes to the floor.  No pressure builds up when I work the pedal
several times in a row.

<<Are you getting strong fluid flow from both caliper bleed nipples?>>

I am getting strong fluid flow from both front caliper bleed nipples.  I
have bled the front brakes using a two-man system.

The brake pedal does create some pressure in the front brakes enough to stop
the car when it is rolling under 5mph.  Anything above that and your foot
goes to the floor and the car keeps on rolling.

Thanks for your help!

John Roberts
71 Midget