Re: fuel leak near right rear wheel...

To: "Desmond Mullen" <dkmullen@email.unc.edu>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel leak near right rear wheel...
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:48:31 -0400
Desmond
Sounds like your fuel pump. There could also be a fuel filter but usually you
find that under the bonnet (hood) near the carb. Do you have the Zenith
Stromberg Carb? Anyway, it could be an after market fuel pump as well. Also,
the SU fuel pump for a 78 should be in the boot (trunk) just left of the right
rear wheel well. When youturn the ignition on without starting the car, there
should be a clicking sound while the pump fills the line and carbs.
Jim Schulte
Aquatic Coordinator Souderton S.D.
Co-Secretary Philadelphia MG Club
Co-Coordinator MG 2008