Re: fuel leak near right rear wheel...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel leak near right rear wheel...
From: Desmond Mullen <dkmullen@email.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:32:30 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded!

The mystery device turned out to be an aftermarket fuel pump. It looked
like a heavy duty fuel filter until I saw the electic leads on it. Upon
closer inspection, the original fuel pump _is_ still there in the
boot/trunk, but there are no hoses attached.

I got some new fuel line and hose clamps, cleaned everything up and put
it all back together. I also secured the fuel pump so it's not solely
being supported by the fuel hoses!

Between fixing that and fixing the float bowl plug on my Zenith
Stromberg carb last week, I no longer have the endearing scent of
gasoline all around the car.   ;?)

-Desmond
'78 MGB
--