Re: Selling 67B on Ebay

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Selling 67B on Ebay
From: Desmond Mullen <dkmullen@email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 12:37:53 -0500
Agreed, Steve. If a seller has low feedback, he may still be a fine person
to deal with. But _if_ a seller has a lot of feedback and the majority is
positive (and the negatives don't sound too bad) then one can feel a little
more comfortable. If there's not much feedback you just need to find other
ways to get a feel for who you're dealing with.

It also depends on the risk-to-reward ratio. How much money are you talking
about? I've bought two cars on eBay - a minivan for $1400 and an MGB for
$3000. In both cases, the sellers had lots of good feedback. And since the
price tags were so (relatively) low, there was very little risk to me in
buying sight-unseen.

When you're a new seller, tell 'em you're a rabbi and this car is from an
old lady in your congregation who wants to clean out her garage after her
husband passed away. It always works.   (tee hee hee)

-DM ('78 MGB off eBay)

--
Desmond Mullen  dkm@unc.edu  P:919/843-7998 F:919/962-1238
  ====== Morehead Planetarium and Science Center =======