RE: Basic MGB Questions

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Basic MGB Questions
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 09:19:02 -0700
On #1, there is a rubber tube with a rounded bulb towards the end that
might need cleaned out. It is visible underneath the car, above the bell
housing area. It is the drain for the air vent area.

With #2, the solution would be to replace the front springs. They are
actually fairly cheap. I think you could do it for about $100 USD or so
- replacing bushings and springs. There may be a cheaper fix - the DPO
for my 72B had some kind of spacer on one of the springs which is now
long gone.

I'm not sure what the TR3 exhaust sounds like. I use the ANSA exhaust
system due to its cost and underlying profile, plus it does have a nice
sound to it. I may try the peco at some point just to see how it works.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B