Re: Basic MGB Questions

To: <Daybell7@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Basic MGB Questions
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:43:39 -0000
1.  The air box has a drain that gets blocked over the years.  It can be
rodded-out from above which is much easier than from below and avoids you
getting a mouth full of wet bird droppings.  See
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_heaterframe.htm
and click on 'Air-box'.

2.  To fix it right you need to determine what is wrong.  It is probably
just tired springs, but you need to eliminate the possibility of it being
something else broken or damaged first.  Remember that problems at one
corner can be visible at the diagonally opposite corner.  As for replacement
front springs this is where you will wish you were in the UK, they are 12
quid each here, with wishbone bushes (get the V8 ones) at 1.50, bottom link
kit at 8 quid, and top bushes just over a quid.

PaulH.