Re: [Mgs] Solstice,

Subject: Re: [Mgs] Solstice,
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 11:19:36 -0700
On Jun 9, 2007, at 10:19 AM, oliver wrote:

> my theory of life:

Since you started it, I'll give mine too.

my theory in life:

Buy an MG.  Buy it early, and buy one that is in reasonably good nick.

Drive it, every day.  Every. Day.  Since you bought one in good
mechanical shape, and you are driving it every day, you'll hear
things start to go bad and fix them before they break.  You'll have
fun going to work, fun on the weekend, and the miles just go by.

After a few years, when you discover perhaps it would be nice to
share your car with a passenger AND some stuff, buy another car.  Buy
it new, and drive it into the ground.  Don't worry about
depreciation, that only matters if you *sell* the car.  Enjoy life,
and one of the joys of life is a car with a fresh odometer and a
history that you are fully responsible for.

No matter what, always buy a vehicle that makes the *journey* at
least as important as the *destination*.

ObSubject:  Personally, unless the Merc has serious issues, I'd keep it.

--
Aaron Whiteman -- http://www.panix.com/~awhitema/
  '75 B (red for now), HIF4 carbs, 80000 miles