Re: [Mgs] Solstice,

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Solstice,
From: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:50:10 -0500
well having just had a pressure relief valve fail in my daily driven '78 MG has
me driving my '82 280SL and if i would sell it in an instant to have my MG on
the road again.

the Mercedes is a nice ride for some but not for me. I can never get comfortable
in the seats. It is accelerates nicely on the highway but is heavy as a tank and
no spunk from a stand still.

If i could sell if for 4k i'd feel like a thief.

Back to my MG. I lost oil pressure gradually as the oil warmed and pulled over
as soon as i noticed it was running below 25 PSI at highway speed. I pulled the
capnut and the spring was a 1/4" shorter than the 3" that Haynes says it should
have been. Having replaced that I feel the engine is a total loss: burning oil
streaming from the tail pipe and clattering like a diesel.

now i have an engine that came with a parts car I purchased around 12 years ago
am prepping for the swap. but it will be end of July before my MG, and i am
whole again.

--
"Alle Menschen werden Bruder"

 Henry D. Reynolds - System Administrator
    mail: hdr@pobox.com - phone: 512.448.3617 - cell: 512.699.8658