Re: [Mgs] Need info on original 1968-71 MGB fog lamp switch

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, "Dodd, Kelvin"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Need info on original 1968-71 MGB fog lamp switch
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:28:13 +0200
My previous 2000 built Audi A6 used to eat headlamps all the time.
But never the brake lamps. I had automatic gear, so that is the same with
yours I assume.
I drove over 100,000 miles in that car and it swallowed H1 headlamps all the
time.
I assume this came by the vibration of the 1.9 TDI diesel engine.

My current car 2006 VW Passat Variant 1.9 TDI (manual gear) did not consume
any lamp since new now being 1 year and 2 months old and 55,000 Km - ~ 40,000
miles.
The rear lights are very nice looking LED standard, so I expect none to
minimal failure at that point.
Besides the manual gear, I do not miss anything from the Audi - great car this
VW!

Cheers,

Hans

yes - still the 1971 BGT

  "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com> wrote:

    I have noticed the serious problems with defective turn signals on many
newer BMW and Mercedes cars. It makes even Lucas look dependable.

  -----------------------
  My Audi A4 seems to eat brake light bulbs, I've been through about a
half-dozen in 4 years. The brakes, OTOH, feel almost brand new. Good
trade-off, I guess....

  My foglights also only work with the low-beams. One used to be able to code
them to work with the parking lights, but only in pre-2003 A4's.

  I have one fog light in the rear, and an empty socket on the other side. I'm
tempted to put a bulb in the empty socket, so I can scare tailgating drivers
by putting on the rear fogs.......

  Dan D
  Central NJ USA
  '76 MGB Tourer - Driver - <cough cough> What's that smoke? <cough cough>
  '65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
  NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/