Re: [Mgs] Need info on original 1968-71 MGB fog lamp switch

To: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>, "Dodd, Kelvin"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Need info on original 1968-71 MGB fog lamp switch
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:01:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl> wrote:       My previous 2000 built Audi
A6 used to eat  headlamps all the time.
 But never the brake lamps. I had automatic gear, so  that is the same with
yours I assume.
 I drove over 100,000 miles in that car and it  swallowed H1 headlamps all the
time.
 I assume this came by the vibration of the 1.9 TDI  diesel engine.

 My current car 2006 VW Passat Variant 1.9 TDI  (manual gear) did not consume
any lamp since new now being 1 year and 2 months  old and 55,000 Km - ~ 40,000
miles.
 The rear lights are very nice looking LED standard,  so I expect none to
minimal failure at that point.
 Besides the manual gear, I do not miss anything  from the Audi - great car
this VW!

-----------------------
My A4 is actually a six-speed manual, Hans.... I MUCH prefer manual over
automatic transmissions..... But my Honda Odyssey minivan is an automatic, and
a very nice 5-speed auto at that, with downshifts and all.....

      Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - <cough cough> What's that smoke? <cough cough>
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/