Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:36:19 -0700
Right. But in the case of the transmission, the detergent additives don't do
anything, so if non-detergent oil were readily available and less expensive,
it would be preferred.

If you think about it, the oil in the transmission is essentially like the
oil in the sump -- foaming may be an issue (hence non-detergent), but the
other conditions prevalent in the engine such as combustion byproducts, and
extreme heat and pressure, don't apply.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149