Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil

To: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@pobox.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:39:46 +0100
I've seen ATF recommended a number of times for 'marginal' ODs both for
cleaning purposes to be replaced by the proper stuff afterwards, or used
continuously when the cleaning hasn't helped.  In desperation, and to avoid
having to do a major OD repair then and there I would consider it, but again
I'd never use it as an automatic (ho ho) replacement for the recommended
oil.  A marginal OD is just that - it isn't up to spec and use of a
non-recommended oil is a work-around at best.

PaulH.