Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil
From: "Frank" <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:08:12 -0400
Bob: I recall that tech bulletin and also have an old service manual that
mentions the use of 90w.  When Bassett's Jaguar rebuilt the tranny in my
1964 B a few years back Bill Bassett was very specific about using only 30w
non-detergent oil. It was readily available at the local Napa store. My
Bentley manuals call  for the use of the same motor oil as in the engine.
In my old H Production Bugeye with brass synchros it was absolutely
forbidden to use gear oil as it had an extremely negative impact on the
syncro rings.
Frank Krajewski