[Mgs] Raising motor to change mounts

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Raising motor to change mounts
From: <mgs@bonacker.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:30:47 GMT
I'm in the process of converting the single ZS to dual HIF4's on my '77 MGB,
and when I removed the intake and exhaust components I saw that the motor
mount was cracked. I've got new mounts now, and I am puzzling how to relieve
the weight of the motor. Some descriptions describe raising the motor from
below, and others describe lifting it from above. The former option would
work
better than the latter for me as I don't have an overhead lift.

shouldn't
lift on the oil pan, but how about putting blocking under the front edge of
the oil pan or the belt pulley?

Any experienced suggestion would be
appreciated ...

Scott