Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:03:17 -0000
If you mean the separate little doors on the footwell vents the factory
dropped those sometime before mine (73), I don't know whether they made any
other changes but the dash control on mine gives pretty good direction
control between off, interior and screen and is continuously variable like
the heat control (should be).  Without the tubes, on those cars that have
them, with the control on defrost the air would simply blow on the back of
the dash and console, there is over 12" and a couple of angles between the
heater and defroster vents.  A friend has an 80, I'll have to have a look
how his defroster vents are connected.

Both my heaters are pretty good, I've measured 140F coming out of the
defroster vents with an ambient of 50F (OK, I know Alaskans only close the
bathroom window at -50F), and the fan clears *misting* in seconds.  I reckon
there are 10 separate areas which can contribute to poor heater
effectiveness, and one could have any number of them!

PaulH.