Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>,MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:21:54 -0500
I found that to make the controls work properly, that is shut all the
way, I had to get an extra pair of hands to hold the flap shut while
I clamped  the cable down.  You can get it all working properly but
boy! is it tricky!  One thing I would do is go and buy GOOD cables
and not use the garbage that comes with the vehicle.  I can get
fantastic stuff for just a few dollars

At 04:43 PM 12/11/2007, Max Heim wrote:
>Yeah... The motor, no big deal. The core... ...eek. Strong men quail...
>Removal is merely a PITA and not very well documented. Replacement and
>refitting of everything you had to disconnect is nearly impossible. In fact,
>I would say it IS impossible. The two times I have done it I had to
>kludge/customize solutions in order to get everything back together -- there
>is no physical way to reattach certain parts with the access available
>inside the car. I think the factory must have installed the heater parts
>before the dash and windscreen.
>
>--
>
>Max Heim
>'66 MGB GHN3L76149
>If you're near Mountain View, CA,
>it's the primer red one with chrome wires
>

>on 12/10/07 2:57 PM, Steve Shoyer at steve@shoyer.com wrote:
>
> > Ed, take a look at http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/b_heater/ for
> > some pictures and text.
> >
> > I need to replace my heater core - I've had a new one for over a
> year, but I
> > really am not looking forward to the job.
> >
> > --Steve

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson