Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor

To: mark.jones@exxonmobil.com,mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:42:44 -0500
Mark,

Some earlier models were not so friendly !  When I did the cut
everything was easy - and I later found out that the factory had made
similar mods to later models.  But the big thing is that you may
think your heater is A OK but it isn't.  For instance your air flow
may suck (I mean not blow well!), your flapper is not closing
tightly, or your water flow is restricted.

At 09:46 AM 12/12/2007, mark.jones@exxonmobil.com wrote:
>Gee, I didn't have any problem either removing or reinstalling the heater
>assembly.  I did have to thread the cable attached to the heater unit in
>first and then go inside the car to make sure it was in the right spot
>before finally pushing the unit into place, but otherwise found
>reinstalling it to be no big deal.
>
>Mark
>73 MGBGT
>

>Subject: Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor
>
>Yeah... The motor, no big deal. The core... ...eek. Strong men
>quail...Removal is merely a PITA and not very well documented. Replacement
>and refitting of everything you had to disconnect is nearly impossible. In
>fact, I would say it IS impossible. The two times I have done it I had to
>kludge/customize solutions in order to get everything back together --
>there is no physical way to reattach certain parts with the access
>available inside the car. I think the factory must have installed the
>heater parts before the dash and windscreen.
>
>Max Heim
>'66 MGB GHN3L76149

Regards
Barrie