Re: [Mgs] powder coat color for wire wheels

To: leylandauto@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] powder coat color for wire wheels
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:34:49 -0500
Carl,
   I'll try Krylon again next time I need to spray with a rattle can.
Perhaps the formula has changed, as I have avoided the stuff for years.
Thanks for letting me know that it has worked well for you.
   Rustoleum is not without its problems.  While I have had good
experiences with the paint, experiences with the rattle can itself have
been frustrating.  Example:  3 of 4 cans of red used on last project did
not empty before the valve clogged. 2 of 2 cans of satin black clogged.
I was able to clean the old-style valve but these that are set deep into
can top just don't clear for me.  The black cans had been on my shelf for
a year or so, but the red cans were fresh from the store.
   SEMA News that arrived today has an article about the EPA rule and
paint shops. Amateurs may continue to strip and surface coat their cars,
up to max of two per year, and may continue to paint their cars with an
airbrush or hand-held, non-refillable aerosol cans.  (SEMA Driving Force,
Feb 2008, www.sema.com)
Bob

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:35:52 -0800 (PST) Carl French