Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 10:53:43 -0800
I'll probably be shot down very quickly with this thinking, but......

I live in a climate where anti-freeze protection is not required. In
fact, in summer, when the MGA's marginal colling becomes an issue,
it's better to not use anti-freeze (because it reduces efficiency of
the cooling system).

As well as its freeze-protection properties, anti-freeze contains
chemicals to protect against corrosion. However, these chemicals can
be added by adding other solutions, such as Water Wetter.

The scale deposits come from the minerals dissolved in water added to
the colling system. If I keep refreshing the water in the system, I
keep adding more minerals.

By keeping the same water in the system, but adding water wetter at
the appropriate interval, I am limiting the amount of minerals that I
add to the system while retaining the anti-corrosion properties.

Thoughts?
Simon