Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

To: mgs@autox.team.net, "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
David wrote,

> The key is still running antifreeze with its anti-corrosion
> chemicals or if in a warmer climate where freezing is not a
> problem, there are other additives that provide the protection
> needed.

To which we should add (and remember) that antifreeze does more than prevent
freesing and minimizing corrosion.  A 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and distilled
water also elevates the boiling point of the coolant.  Combine that with a
pressurized colling system and you run a much better chance of avoiding the
dreaded summertime boil-over.

rick