Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:24:34 -0400
  A chart on a bottle of Prestone (brand) antifreeze shows, with 15 psi
cap:
        50/50 mix of Prestone & water protects to -34F and +265F
        70% Prestone/30% water protects to -84F and +276

   One wonders what boil temp is with a 15 psi cap and no Prestone.
Bob

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:54:13 -0000 "Paul Hunt"
<paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
> How hot does it have to be to get that?  With a good cooling system I
> mean.  I've seen my V8 reach the red but it didn't lose any
> coolant.
>
> PaulH.
Click now for great vacation packages to beautiful Ireland!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTH2Qb2I2DAjYoxo4NAtdMRlFFs5fTWW81KRRdTY4G4zFgehuhV6NK/