Re: [Mgs] batteries and starting

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>,<mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] batteries and starting
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:29:08 -0400
Oliver,

I have a Rover V8 in my built-from-bits MGB and that should take more
omph - The bog standard 12 volt battery that drops into one box (size
24??) has done me well for four years now......and we get wicked
winters up here and that is a not good for batteries so I am told ! -
I don't even trickle charge it over winter !!

At 12:56 PM 5/25/2009, oliver wrote:
>as i had hoped, i received many good answers and suggestions.
>
>i usually buy sears die hards for all my cars, but they were no help
>here, except i could special order another pair of 6 volt batteries.
>
>my apologies to the purists; at O'Reilly's I found a Miata battery
>which is rather small, and with a little finagleing, fit rather well
>in one of the existing battery compartments.
>
>so, after way too many months of being MG-less, I am back on the
>

>You are subscribed as barrie@look.ca
>

>Mgs@autox.team.net
>
>http://www.team.net/archive

Regards