Re: [Mgs] hesitation

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] hesitation
From: Malcolm Jeffcock <msjeffcock@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:02:00 -0300
I think I have ruled that out as the carbs were set up "professionally" that
is to say I didn't have a chance to mess them up ;-)

Anyway to answer some of the question about symptoms I have had the B out
and about this morning and can state that:

1. when it happens the tach stays as it except as the car loses power and
slows that tach drops as well...it is not instant with the
hesitation/"coughing"
2. I went up a steep hill to try and create the hesitation and did virtually
coming to a stop...I then tried same engine speed/gear to go at the hill
again and had the choke full out, it helped car slowed but din't slow to
anywhere near the extent it had.
3. Pulling out the choke once I am in "hesitation mode" is of no help but
driving with choke out has helped some.
4. I have a relatively small sized fuel filter before the carbs, small as in
the body..so could that be creating a restriction of fuel flow to the carbs
when the demand for fuel increases?

I am suspecting fuel pumps which is not and SU is the problem?

Malcolm