[Mgs] alternative to the inverted oil filter mount?

Subject: [Mgs] alternative to the inverted oil filter mount?
From: mgbob at juno.com (mgbob at juno.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:27:15 GMT
Paul,
  Your engine should be fitted with the spin-on filter. It is inverted, not
hanging, but the spin-on type works well. I have not heard before of the
gasket problem you mention.
  The filter is not a cannister type, with a bolt running through it, is it?
Though their brackets will fit all engines, and were used on engines for a
couple of years, the inverted cannister filters are far from ideal. They have
gasket issues and, worse, about a pint of oil must be pumped up into the
filter before the bearings are supplied with any.
  Take a look at Moss catalogue, Oil Filters, and see the three types on the
page.
Bob