Re: [Mgs] Speed Bleeders

Subject: Re: [Mgs] Speed Bleeders
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 08:19:02 +0100 R14czwriDkz/JiphRzce/XkvjTnAQfy6s9nYWgPetUm8eF63JTfiDW7E
Cc: <Mgs@autox.team.net>

--===============7547899058433441812==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0012_01D63336.5088C700"

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D63336.5088C700
        charset="UTF-8"

I really don't understand the problem, I must be missing something.  One =
fits the hose, opens the bleeder, bleeds, closes the bleeder, and =
removes the tube.  The only fluid that escapes is that which has been =
pushed out of the system and will be discarded.  What tool you use to =
open and close the bleeder has no effect on that.

Using whatever tool works best for the job in hand is just common-sense =
to me.  I'll frequently use a socket to crack nuts and bolts in many =
places on the car for its strength, then switch to a ratchet ring =
spanner to remove them for its speed.

The only repeat bleeding I have to do is at the calipers using EeziBleed =
for low-pressure bleeding, then high-pressure bleeding with someone =
pressing down hard on the pedal while I rapidly open and shut each =
caliper nipple in turn which always blasts a bit more air out.

And no, modern cars are no different if my 'modern' 2004 ZS180 is =
anything to go by.

  ----- Original Message -----=20

  Yes, I knew what you meant. It is not convenient to constantly change =
tools when one is dealing with a nasty corrosive liquid, rubber hoses =
and glass jars. Every time you disengage the hose, all the fluid =
escapes, requiring that many more pumps the next time.
------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D63336.5088C700
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3Dcontent-type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dauto bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I really don't understand the problem, I must be =
missing=20
something.&nbsp; One fits the hose, opens the bleeder, bleeds, closes =
the=20
bleeder, and removes the tube.&nbsp; The only fluid that escapes is that =
which=20
has been pushed out of the system and will be discarded.&nbsp; What tool =
you use=20
to open and close the bleeder has no effect on that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Using whatever tool works best for the job in hand =
is just=20
common-sense to me.&nbsp; I'll frequently use a socket to crack nuts and =
bolts=20
in many places on the car for its strength, then switch to a ratchet =
ring=20
spanner to remove them for its speed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The only repeat bleeding I have to do is at the =
calipers using=20
EeziBleed for low-pressure bleeding, then high-pressure bleeding with =
someone=20
pressing down hard on the pedal while I rapidly open and shut each =
caliper=20
nipple in turn which always blasts a bit more air out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>And no, modern cars are no different if my 'modern' =
2004 ZS180=20
is anything to go by.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV><BR>Yes, I knew what you meant. =
It is not=20
  convenient to constantly change tools when one is dealing with a nasty =

  corrosive liquid, rubber hoses and glass jars. Every time you =
disengage the=20
  hose, all the fluid escapes, requiring that many more pumps the next=20
time.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>