Re: inline fuses

To: pdburket@intrepid.net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: inline fuses
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 22:48:28 EST
David,

Regarding your plan below to add some fuses...a great idea.  You might want to
consider circuit breakers for the lights.  Try Radio Shack or a good NAPA
store.  The amp rating really is a function of the wattage bulbs you use.
Divide the wattage by 12 volts to get an idea of the current each light pulls.
20-30 amp circuits are fairly common for lighting.

> I am currently installing the wiring harness on my '60 +4.  I plan to use
>  hylogen lights, and have been told it would be wise to install inline
fuses.
>   Should I use inline fuses to all lights and what would be the best amp
>  fuses to install on each line?

Since you switched to a GM alt, did you up-grade the wiring from the alt??  It
might be a good idea if you start adding some serious electron eaters.  The GM
alt has at least double the current output capacity of that fine Lucas
generator.

What did you do for pulleys when you switched the the GM unit??

Cheers,

Ken Payne, 63 Plus 4