RE: brake booster

To: "'L.D. McLaughlin, Jr.'" <ldmcjr@zebra.net>,
Subject: RE: brake booster
From: "Willburn, Gerry" <Gerry.Willburn@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:05:21 -0800
Tony,

That is usually a symptom of a leaking secondary seal in the master
cylinder.  Replace it in time and the booster can probably be saved.

Some years ago I was puzzled by the loss of brake fluid with no apparent
source until the level in the booster reached the level of the vacuum input.
You should have seen the white smoke!

Gerry