RE: in their defense (was: Halogen headlamps)

To: "Vodden, Dave" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>
Subject: RE: in their defense (was: Halogen headlamps)
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:41:40 -0500
Dave,

Perhaps you've stumbled upon the essence of the issue. Gents who
like beer are bound to prefer all kinds of real ale. There is a quite decent
brew pub within ten miles of my house and in the very township where
Stu Ross lives. About four of their beers are very drinkable and two of
these are as good as your good average brown or porter. The brewer has
fortunately resisted all temptation to use "prissy" West Coast" hops and
other ingredients. They DO taste very much better when allowed to warm
up slightly. Two of their seasonals, an oatmeal stout and an IPA @ 6.5
ABV!!!, are as good or better than anything I've sampled in the U.K.

It's a really good thing that I don't live in Stu's town or it really
WOULD be my "local", and I would be very round and generally well-
lubricated.

You Brits DO have one major advantage in that the quality of barmaids
seems to have improved drastically in the last thirty years or so, and that
it seems to take 30 pulls or so to deliver a strong ale... absolutely
fascinating
to watch an attractive blonde do this. Perhaps you observed this at HalMog.
It was equally amusing to watch the reaction of all the Dutch and Germans
who couldn't wait to order another pint both for the drink AND the display at
the "Sutton Arms".

Very Best Wishes,

Willie

P.S. The MSSC IS part drinking society, is it not? I wish that some of
        my Morgan 3/4 Group would take up the Centre's practise of monthly
        noggin's at the brew pub described above!