Re: Tubular rear shocks and Negative Camber Plates

To: Howie <hclark@mail.dcwi.com>, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tubular rear shocks and Negative Camber Plates
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:54:50 -0500
I have as my other old toy car a '38 Cadillac Series 75 Town Car which
weighs in empty at a little over 6,000 pounds. The rear springs had strips
of woven canvas webbing saturated with paraffin wax for completely silent
action. Seemed to work great with no gaiters. The shocks are probably not
in great shape, but you don't seem to notice in the stately sort of driving
one must do in such a behemoth. When we had to replace the sagging but
still silent springs about twenty-five years ago, we eliminated the webbing
in favor of a little grease. If I ever pull them apart I might go back to
the original.

My Morgan stopped launching me airborne once I oiled the rear leaves.

Jerry Murphy
'67 +4