Re: Folding Windscreen

To: "Morgans@Autox.Team.Net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Folding Windscreen
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:46:37 -0500
Re legality of driving without a windshield in CT. I have a friend who has a
Daimler SP250 that only has a plexiglass rim around his cowling. He drives his
car all the time in CT, but has it registered in Maine, where they are smart
enough to leave the choice of wind-shielding up to the recipient thereof.

I drive my car ('57 Plus 4) all the time with the windshield off (no folding
windshield) when I'm checking the vacuum advance on the Route 7 connector near
my house in Norwalk, CT. No cops yet, but they'd nail me for speeding first, I
guess. You will need a leather helmet and goggles, or at least goggles, or
maybe a pair of Ray-bans  if you're without hair and a tough guy, at this time
of year. Handy reminder: those ice chunks can blind or maim. Regards and happy
new year to all you Morgan mothers! Chip Brown