Re: Folding Windscreen

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Folding Windscreen
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:11:51 -0500
>Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:11:36 -0500
>To: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
>From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@rwja.umdnj.edu>
>Subject: Re: Folding Windscreen
>
>Gary K. wrote:
>
>>Once you get it configured, tell me how you'll mount the rear view mirror.
>>Mine tends to look to the sky, rather than to the rear when the screen is
>>folded.  I've got another which will mount to the scuttle, but I've not
>>gotten up the courage to drill the holes yet.
>
>Gary, et al.
>
>I spotted an interesting solution to this problem when I attended a local
british car show in these parts last summer.  In fact, it was a nice early
MGA.  The owner had gone to a hot rod shop and purchased a very
understated, chromeplated, rearview mirror, about 2 inches in diameter, and
had mounted it on the driver's side vertical post of the windshield.  It
looked "proper," not at all hotrodish or out of place on an lbc.  I don't
know to what extent it swiveled, but perhaps you could rig something up
with it (or buy two of them and sap on the "up" and "down" mirrors.  What I
came away with after this is that you can find some nice alternatives in
some unlikely places (in this case, a hot rod parts shop).