Re: Electronic ignition

To: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition
From: Eric Cummins <ecummins@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 09:29:21 -0400
Stuart,
Moss motors sells both the Crane and the Pertronix units. The Pertronix
will fit entirely within the distributor, however the Crane unit has a
"black Box" which resides outside. I have the Crane unit in my 59 +4 2
seater  RHD. I was able to mount the "black box" in the passenger
compartment above the passengers feet (out of sight and cool) with the
supplied wiring.

I have had it installed about a 1.5 years with no problems.

EC
At 10:44 AM 7/14/99 -0400, Stuart J. Ross wrote:
>I have followed this exchange with interest. I have a '63 +4 and wonder
>which product would be best for that car. Two brands mentioned were Crane
>Cams XR-700
>and Petronics (but that was installed in a 4/4). What does Moss Mtrs sell?
>Which is available from Morgan Spares? Any other brands recommended for the
>+4 (TR4A engine)? COSTS?

Eric Cummins 59 +4 2 str