newsletters

Getting Paid - I'll take a scanner or a good bottle of wine.

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Getting Paid - I'll take a scanner or a good bottle of wine.
From: Yumichow@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 22:53:22 +0000
Greetings fellow Editors:

I agree that what we do is a labor of love, or stupidity.  If I applied this
energy
to working on my 2 MG's and 1 Triumph I'd be elsewhere right now, but at least
for me, writing comes more naturally than mechanical skills.  I personally
admire those with the ability to dismantle an engine, and amazingly, put the
damn thing back together correctly.  Now that's a skill that's worth paying for!

Consider what we do monthly, quarterly, etc. as a selfless work of art for
others
to enjoy.    Much like planting a tree under which we know we'll never sit.
Knowing that no one in my club wants the Editor position or (get me my soapbox)
can do it as well as I can is very rewarding on an ego level.  Sure the money
would
be nice, but I'd rather get quality articles, assistance copying, collating,
addressing and mailing my literary bi-monthly gem, The Limey Post.  Where do
I sign up for financial rewards, of which I'd probably blow on MG parts or
wine,
especially since I belong to a small club with an almost nonexistent treasury?

Hmmmm....

Check out my first internet (available) newsletter, The Limey Post, via my
club's web site at http://www.cybersnet.com/club   Sure, it's only half of my
"real" newsletter since I always photocopy articles, etc. and fill up the last
couple pages till I hit the 11 page .55 cent US postal weight limit.  (Ok, the
club
can buy me a scanner, at least.)

Yes, I'm also open to constructive criticism concerning my newsletter, so
e-mail me
directly.  Thanks for listening to my .02.

Donald Tatera