newsletters

Re: Getting Paid - I'll take a scanner or a good bottle of wine.

To: newsletters@autox.team.net (Newsletter Editors)
Subject: Re: Getting Paid - I'll take a scanner or a good bottle of wine.
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:02:07 -0500
Yumichow@ix.netcom.com sez:

> I agree that what we do is a labor of love, or stupidity.

Yep- we are an overworked, under appreciated lot, eh? And were would our clubs
be without us? There's probably a lot of members that only belong to read the
occasional news, and maybe get the insurance discount.

I wish I still had time to get out the 6 sheet newsletter I did a few years
back- I'm luck if it's 3 these days. In a small club, with hardly ever outside
contribution, it can be tough to keep going. But, I know it holds the club
together, and keeps things going.

Remember the power of the pen! I also put together our bylaws, including the
part where officers don't pay dues! Hmm, I've been meaning to put a form of
those bylaws on-line for you folks- they're pretty good. Took the best from
some others, and our lawyer (a member) went through and cleaned up the details.

Now, you think newsletter editors have a tough time? That's cake compared to
what your humble webmaster goes through...

 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.wayward.team.net/
                  "The Wayward Sports Car Centre"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."