newsletters

RE: OCR's

To: "newsletters@autox.team.net" <newsletters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OCR's
From: Douglas Gaither <dgaither@edaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 14:25:16 -0700
Terry,

I've used an Apple Scanner with Xerox's TextBridge software to scan text
from a book.  The text was typeset and was pretty clean.  I got about 1
error per page, and usually it was because the typesetter would use a
lowercase 'o' instead of a zero '0'.  I couldn't imaging that the quality
of a fax would be good enough for the software to successfully parse the
text.

Doug