[Nobbc] 1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Starter?

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: [Nobbc] 1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Starter?
From: Kris Klein <krisk1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:33:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hoping for suggestions:
Just got my Healey back from my mechanics over in
Stockton and turned it off in
my driveway and now it does not start. It only
clicks once. Using my test light
and talking to my mechanic I have pinpointed
the problem (I think) to a bad
starter. I have tried the hammer trick to no
avail. I wish the mechanic would
have had a crystal ball to see that it was
going to go bad because it didn't
give any indication.

Can anyone suggest a
local British car repair shop that I can trust to put in a
new starter so I
don't have to get my car towed to Stockton? My mechanic is
suggesting putting
in a newly designed starter with a built in solenoid (higher
torque starter
ratio or something like that) which requires a little
customization during
installation. Or does anyone suggest just purchasing a
starter on the web or
locally and think I can put it in myself? Please email me
your suggestions.
Thanks,
Krissy Klein
1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7