Re: [Nobbc] 1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Starter?

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] 1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Starter?
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 17:41:33 -0700
Before you buy a new starter . . . make sure the engine is grounded
properly.  On these old cars, the ground cable connections from the
engine to the frame can be corroded.  You can check this easily; just
run a jumper cable from the engine to a place on the frame or body
and try to start it.  And make sure the battery has a good charge, as
the charging system may be at fault.  Or the battery.  Or the starter.

At 05:32 PM 07/18/2010, wkilch@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>Hi Krissy
>Have you checked the charge in your battery? If you don't have a
>good charger I can lend you one. When you hook it up it tells you
>the amount of charge in your battery.
>
>Walter

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47