Re: [Nobbc] 1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Starter?

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] 1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Starter?
From: "Clif & Deborah Williamson" <hawkview@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:10:34 -0700
Hi Kris.
Another possibility is that your ring gear on the flywheel is lined up with
your starter gear tooth to tooth.  This is a very common problem with Jensen
Healeys.  There is a tendency for the engine to stop in the same place and
after a while a flat spot develops on the starter pinion or the ring gear or
both.  Try putting the car in 2nd gear and rocking it forward a bit.  If the
car starts there is a very good chance this is your problem.
Good luck
Clif and Deborah
74 Jensen Healey