Re: [Nobbc] 1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Starter?

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] 1959 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Starter?
From: gonzosaurs@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 04:02:28 +0000 (UTC)
Had the same problem with my tr-6 and after i cleaned all the connections, it
was in fact a bad ground connection. Really take it apart wire by wire and
clean all connections. The vibration sometimes allows corrosion to get in. You
can check each wire by making a jumper wire with two alligator clips. Be sure
to use a thick wire. If none of that works have a shop bench test the starter
before you buy a new one.

good luck
dan,
tr6